There’s no question that the Colorado Springs art scene has been growing more and more awesome every year. And at no time is this greatness more evident than on First Fridays, a monthly celebration of our artistic community, where the galleries and studios throughout the area throw open their doors to welcome visitors. As such, the monthly First Friday ArtWalk has expanded, making it difficult for participants to get to more than a few locations in a single evening. Until now. The Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region has introduced the First Friday ArtWalk FREE shuttle bus. Take a look at how it works
Let’s Talk Stops: Where the First Friday Shuttle Stops
For a map of the route and the number of galleries at each stop, click here.
First Friday Shuttle Hours and Dates
The First Friday shuttle will run for the next three months on August 4, September 1, and October 6. There are two different buses, ensuring that you can always find a ride within 30 minutes. Because most galleries stay open from 5-8 p.m., the first shuttle begins with the Broadmoor at 4:30 p.m. After 8 p.m., the shuttle will continue to run until 9:50, transporting people to dining and parking. Even if the venues are closed (because not all open every month), the shuttle will still make the stop to ensure you can grab a meal or park in an area that’s closest to your final destination. Important Note: Drop-off only for passengers on the last two stops at the Broadmoor and DoubleTree. Don’t get stuck away from your car. You can find a schedule here.
No Ordinary Ride
Make no mistake, this is a big deal. Everyone is excited about this new endeavor and the community and the artists have worked hard to make it extra special. Here are a few of the cool things you’ll encounter on your outing:
The ride itself will include local artists and performers who will share cool Colorado Springs facts, fun stories and other entertainment as you travel from gallery to gallery.
Parking and Other Tips
Just because you have a bus to take you around doesn’t mean you won’t need to strategize. We’ve got some key details to consider to help you have a good time.
– Parking: Most areas you will park in downtown will be free after 6 p.m., but it’s highly recommended you park in the garages for a $1 to free up the streets for non-shuttle users. You’re going to be out all night, free up some spots for local businesses and restaurants. You can also park for free over by the DoubleTree on Circle.
– Maps: You can find a map in the link above to help you navigate your way to different galleries once you’ve hit your stop.
– Accessibility: At this time, the shuttle is not wheelchair accessible, but they are working to shift to one that is. You can contact the Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region to learn more about these plans.
– Food & Drinks: You’ll find food and beverages at every price point along the route. Not only that, you’ll find a variety of types of cuisine, so even the pickiest of people won’t be left hungry.
– Get Home Safe: If you do choose to imbibe, make sure you plan for a ride home. With cabs and other ride options, you can get home safely and get your car the next day.
The First Friday ArtWalk free shuttle is an exciting addition to our vibrant and growing art community. Take time to visit the galleries you’ve never been to before and enjoy the brilliant works of Colorado Springs’ talented artists.
Share this Post