Last updated June 25, 2020 @ 8:30 am
A number of our attractions have opened their doors. Please view grid below for up-to-date attraction openings / closures.
Coronavirus in Colorado Springs
Colorado is just beginning to open up for visitors, though not all of our attractions have gotten the green light yet. The attractions that are open are implementing additional cleaning policies and employee health checks. See the very bottom of this page for a list of what they’re doing to help keep you safe.
Many of the small local restaurants in Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs are now offering dine-in as well as curbside, takeout or delivery. Check them out here: Curbside Restaurants.
Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. Please chat with us online here or on our social channels @VisitPikesPeak if you have more questions. Be well!
Recommendations for keeping you and your family healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- PLEASE stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Throw tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when you’re out in public and wash immediately when you return home.
- Practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet between you and other people.
Many of our attractions have been around for multiple generations. We’ve survived fires, floods and recessions and we’ll get through this too! Thank you for your patience and grace at this time. We’re all in this together!
Many of our attractions are seasonal and closed this time of year. Please see below for hours and updates.
|Academy Riding Stables||Open with the Health Department’s guidance. Rides are limited to less than 10 people. Wranglers are wearing masks and guests are encouraged to do the same. Please fill out release form and pay online whenever possible. https://www.academyridingstables.com/|
|Adventures Out West||Open for daily tours. Jeeps: 1 party per Jeep up to 6 people. Balloons: 1 party per passenger compartment, 8 guests max. Face covering required. Segway tours are exclusive to the party booking. Ziplines are running as normal — no more than 8 guests per tour. Employees wearing masks, selling $5 masks to guests. Call for booking/ details: 719-578-0935|
|Broadmoor Seven Falls||Open Thursday – Monday 10am – 6pm. Closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays|
|Cave of the Winds Mountain Park||Open daily. RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. Please book your tour at caveofthewinds.com|
|Challenge Unlimited||Open for rides daily, please call 719-633-6399 for reservations|
|Cheyenne Mountain Zoo||Open with limited capacity. Timed tickets required. Get yours at cmzoo.org/open.|
|Cripple Creek & Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad||Opening June 20, 2020|
|Echo Canyon River Expeditions||Open and offering departures daily. Call 800-630-3246 to book yours now.|
|Flying W Ranch Chuckwagon||Reopening on July 10, 2020|
|Garden of the Gods Trading Post||Open 8 am to 8:30 pm, the Balanced Rock Cafe is open 11 am – 6:30 pm|
|Ghost Town Museum||Open daily from 9am – 6pm|
|Historic Cripple Creek||Open: Heritage Center is open daily from 9am -5pm. Call for individual business hours.|
|Historic Manitou Springs||Open: Manitou Springs Chamber of Commerce is open daily from 9am-5pm|
|Iron Springs Chateau Melodrama||Closed at this time.|
|Manitou Cliff Dwellings||Open 9am – 6pm daily.|
|May Natural History Museum||Open 9am-6pm daily.|
|Miramont Castle||Opens daily from 9am -5pm. Tea Room serving High Tea and Light Victorian Tea only. Masks highly recommended.|
|Mollie Kathleen Gold Mine||Open 9am-5pm daily.|
|North Pole – Santa’s Workshop||Closed at this time.|
|Old Colorado City||Call for individual business hours. Some restaurants are doing curbside service.|
|Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain||Open 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Daily | Last entry: 6 p.m. Weather permitting **please pre-purchase tickets on our site (top right corner of page). Mandatory shuttles leave from mile 13 and 16 of the total 19 mile drive, masks are required on the shuttles and gift shops.|
|Pikes Peak Tour by Gray Line||Open. Tour times: 8am, 9am, 1pm & 2pm. Reservations required at pikespeaktour.com|
|Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame||Opening June 22nd 9am – 5pm daily|
|Royal Gorge Bridge and Park||Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily | The Bridge, and all attractions including the Zip line, Skycoaster, and the Royal Gorge Via Ferrata will open|
|Space Foundation Discovery Center||Opening July 7th. Tuesday-Saturday 10am – 4pm|
|Western Museum of Mining & Industry||Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday 9am – 4pm. Tours depart at 10 and 1. Theater and Library are closed. Staff is wearing masks. Recommended for guests. Tours for vulnerable community available at 9am, please call ahead to reserve. Outdoor Self-guided tours and picnic areas are open.|
Please help us operate safely for everyone during this unprecedented time, both our other customers and our employees, by following these simple guidelines:
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone you know to be ill, please stay at home.
- If you are part of the vulnerable population, please stay at home.
- Please wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- Please stay a safe distance (6+ feet) from other groups while visiting us.
- Please wash your hands frequently or use our hand sanitizer stations.
- If you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth with a tissue or crook of your elbow to avoid spreading germs. Unless you are already wearing a face mask.
- Purchase online where possible, reduce the contact between employees and guests
What our attractions are doing to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus:
- Employees must stay home if they are sick or have been exposed to someone who is.
- Daily health screenings for all employees and implementing onsite temperature checks.
- All commonly touched surfaces are sanitized as frequently as possible.
- All employees are required to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Where appropriate and applicable, physical barriers have been installed.
- Employees will be required to social distance (6+ feet), and take small breaks throughout the day to wash their hands
- Whenever possible or applicable, windows or doors will opened to increase indoor ventilation
Thank you for your support and patronage. We can’t do this without you! #StrongerTogether