Last updated May 26, 2020 @ 11:22 am
A number of our attractions in Fremont County have opened their doors. Please view grid below for up to date attraction closures.
Coronavirus in Colorado Springs
Colorado has just moved from a “Stay at Home” order to a “Safer at Home.” A few of our attractions are beginning to open as they are able to implement additional cleaning policies and employee health checks. See the very bottom of this page for a list of what they’re doing to help keep you safe.
Many of the small local restaurants in Old Colorado City and Manitou Springs are offering curbside, takeout or delivery. Check them out here: Curbside Restaurants.
Thank you all for your support during this difficult time. Please chat with us online here or on our social channels @VisitPikesPeak. We’re stuck at home and need the human interaction! Be well!
Recommendations for keeping you and your family healthy:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- PLEASE stay home if you are sick
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow. Throw tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces regularly
- Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth when you’re out in public and wash immediately when you return home.
- Practice social distancing, keeping at least 6 feet between you and other people.
Many of our attractions have been around for multiple generations. We’ve survived fires, floods and recessions and we’ll get through this too! Thank you for your patience and grace at this time. We’re all in this together!
Many of our attractions are seasonal and closed this time of year. Please see below for hours and updates.
|Academy Riding Stables||Open with the Health Department’s guidance. Rides are limited to less than 10 people. Wranglers are wearing masks and guests are encouraged to do the same. Please fill out release form and pay online whenever possible. https://www.academyridingstables.com/|
|Adventures Out West||Open as of May 1, 2020 for daily exclusive tours. Jeeps: 1 party per Jeep up to 6 people. Balloons: 1 party per passenger compartment, 8 guests max. Face covering required. Segway tours are exclusive to the party booking. Ziplines are running as normal — no more than 8 guests per tour. Employees wearing masks, selling $5 masks to guests. Call for booking/ details: 719-578-0935|
|Broadmoor Seven Falls||Closed at this time.|
|Cave of the Winds Mountain Park||Closed at this time.|
|Challenge Unlimited||Closed for season.|
|Cheyenne Mountain Zoo||Closed at this time.|
|Cripple Creek & Victor Narrow Gauge Railroad||Closed for season.|
|Echo Canyon River Expeditions||Starting May 23rd: Half Day Trips Only this weekend. Full day and Multi-day rafts to be determined at a later date. Read full guidelines at raftecho.com.|
|Flying W Ranch Chuckwagon||Closed for season.|
|Garden of the Gods Trading Post||Open 9am to 7pm as of May 1, 2020. Also still offering curbside pickup at 800-874-4515. Balanced Rock Cafe remains closed at this time.|
|Ghost Town Museum||Open as of May 1, 2020. Call 719-634-0696 for details|
|Historic Cripple Creek||Closed at this time.|
|Historic Manitou Springs||Open as of May 1, 2020 for Visitor Center and various stores. Call 719-685-5089 for details. Some restaurants are doing curbside service.|
|Iron Springs Chateau Melodrama||Closed at this time.|
|Manitou Cliff Dwellings||Closed at this time.|
|May Natural History Museum||Closed for season.|
|Miramont Castle||Closed at this time|
|North Pole – Santa’s Workshop||Closed for season.|
|Old Colorado City||Call for individual business hours. Some restaurants are doing curbside service.|
|Pikes Peak – America’s Mountain||Open 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m. Daily | Last entry: 6 p.m. Weather permitting **please pre-purchase tickets on our site (top right corner of page). Gift shops are closed at this time. Bathrooms and other services at summit are currently suspended. Other bathrooms along the highway are still open. Mandatory shuttles leave from mile 13 and 16 of the total 19 mile drive, masks are required.|
|Pikes Peak Tour by Gray Line||Open for tours at 9am and 1pm. Please call for reservations: 719.465.1871.|
|Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame||Closed at this time.|
|Royal Gorge Bridge and Park||Starting May 22: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily | The Bridge, and all attractions including the Zip line, Skycoaster, and the Royal Gorge Via Ferrata will open|
|Space Foundation Discovery Center||Closed at this time.|
|Western Museum of Mining & Industry||Expected Opening: May 8, 2020 – outdoor hayride tours at 10 & 11am and 1 & 2pm (no charge, donations appreciated) May 18, 2020 – indoor museum tours at 10 am and 1pm with restrictions, spacing, etc. (admission rates, tbd.)|
Please help us operate safely for everyone during this unprecedented time, both our other customers and our employees, by following these simple guidelines:
- If you are sick or have been exposed to someone you know to be ill, please stay at home.
- If you are part of the vulnerable population, please stay at home.
- Please wear a face mask that covers your nose and mouth.
- Please stay a safe distance (6+ feet) from other groups while visiting us.
- Please wash your hands frequently or use our hand sanitizer stations.
- If you cough or sneeze, please cover your mouth with a tissue or crook of your elbow to avoid spreading germs. Unless you are already wearing a face mask.
- Purchase online where possible, reduce the contact between employees and guests
What our attractions are doing to mitigate the spread of the novel coronavirus:
- Employees must stay home if they are sick or have been exposed to someone who is.
- Daily health screenings for all employees and implementing onsite temperature checks.
- All commonly touched surfaces are sanitized as frequently as possible.
- All employees are required to wear a face mask that covers their nose and mouth.
- Where appropriate and applicable, physical barriers have been installed.
- Employees will be required to social distance (6+ feet), and take small breaks throughout the day to wash their hands
- Whenever possible or applicable, windows or doors will opened to increase indoor ventilation
Thank you for your support and patronage. We can’t do this without you! #StrongerTogether