The year 2019 has brought good news to Pikes Peak Region Attractions — the addition of Adventures Out West and Pikes Peak Tours by Gray Line! While they may not be new in town, they are new to the Pikes Peak Region Attraction family of locally owned attractions in the Pikes Peak region. We are so excited to share how Adventures Out West and Pikes Peak Tours by Gray Line can make your next vacation — or staycation — in Colorado even more memorable. Let’s get to know them a little bit better and see why Pikes Peak Region Attractions is jumping for joy at these new additions to the family!
Adventures Out West
With nearly half a century in business in the Pikes Peak region, Adventures Out West knows the ins and outs of Colorado like no other adventure outfitter. Luckily, they’ve made their home right here in Colorado Springs, sharing memorable ways to create the vacation of a lifetime. Staffed by a team of expert outdoor enthusiasts and offering a huge list of activities, they’re the place to go when you want to play in the mountains, but don’t know exactly where to start. What’s in store at Adventures Out West?
- Pikes Peak Region Hot Air Balloon Rides: Float gently over the most beautiful outdoor spaces in the United States (yes, we’re biased) via hot air balloon. Early morning rides are flown by trusted, experienced pilots, ensuring you’ll feel safe and sound as you take in the sights. Take the family or make it a special date outing with a private flight. Be sure to bring a camera because there is simply nothing else that compares to the photos you can snap in a balloon!
- Colorado Springs and Pikes Peak Jeep Tours: Load up the clan in a 4×4 Jeep and head out to see the sights of Garden of the Gods, Pikes Peak and more. The tours last 2.5-4 hours and use specially built open air vehicles so there’s nothing between you and Colorado splendor. Experience the backcountry without the stress of driving, maneuvering and managing the ride. Adventures Out West takes care of everything so no one has to miss out. They also offer some combined excursions that include white water rafting.
- Manitou Springs Zipline Tours: You’ll see a lot of zipline tours throughout Colorado, but none come close to the fun offered by Adventures Out West. You’ll zip 100 feet above the world outfitted with their trusty gear on some of the most exhilarating lines around. You even get to launch from real terrain! They even offer family nights that are a bit more chill, allowing everyone to experience zips without feeling pressured to keep up with a regular tour.
- Segway Tours: Segway tours are hands down one of the most unique ways to tour Garden of the Gods. You start you time with a lesson on how to work your Segway and then it’s off to explore the hills and roads of the world-famous Garden of the Gods park. Like every activity at Adventures Out West, your ride is led by knowledgeable guides that will share all about the flora, fauna and towering rock formations.
- Colorado Day Hikes: The trails in the Pikes Peak region are tempting, but they can be intimidating if you’re not an experienced hiker or you’re worried about navigating the woods. Adventures Out West offers a variety of hikes at different endurance levels led by guides who will help you stay on the patch and learn about the sights and sounds along the way. It’s a great way to experience the region worry-free!
It’s pretty obvious why we’re so thrilled to have them join us! Now, let’s check out our other new member, Pikes Peak Tours by Gray Line.
Pikes Peak Tours by Gray Line
Gray Line Tours has been safely carting sightseers around the country since 1910 and showing off the beauty of Colorado Springs for about four decades of that! The fan-favorite tour? Pikes Peak, of course. As one of the most-visited mountains on the planet — and the most-visited mountain in the United States — Pikes Peak welcomes hundreds of thousands of visitors to its summit.
- Cruise in Style: The Pikes Peak Tour by Gray Line transports visitors via super-comfortable busses that offer roomy seats, big windows and climate control. That means no fighting for leg room, no cramming into a too-small backseat, no middle person stuck without a view! They also have places to keep your bags, which means you won’t have to worry about where to put all of your souvenirs (and fudge, don’t forget the fresh fudge). The bus stops several times on the ride up to allow riders to stretch their legs, snap photos and check out the scenery.
- Worry-Free Travel: While the Pikes Peak Highway is well-maintained for all of its 19 miles, the hairpin turns, traffic and steep drops can make the experience a bit of a nail biter for whoever is driving. Not to mention that they miss a lot of the sights when they are concentrating on the road ahead. Gray Line’s experienced, vetted drivers take on all the stress so everyone can relax and have a great time. Riders can focus on good conversation, family time and the sights and sounds of Pikes Peak. They pick you up at the tour station, take you all the way up and bring you right back when it’s all done. What could be better?
- Knowledgeable Guides: Are you a trivia buff? And education enthusiast? Do you want to know all there is to know about Pikes Peak? The Pikes Peak Tour by Gray Line drivers share lots of info on the region and the mountain during your ride. You’ll learn about plants and animals of the area, as well as geology and history. And it’s well-known that the drivers of Gray Line are friendly and funny in addition to being super fans of safety. You can check out our reviews and see for yourself. They want you to enjoy the journey, which means no dry or boring lectures allowed!
Welcome to the roster of Colorado awesomeness you two! We are deeply grateful to have you and we know that all of our fans and visitors will be, too.
Share this Post