Visual Assets Manager
Visual Assets Manager
Full-time, salary position
At Pikes Peak Region Attractions Association (PPRAA), we believe in people more than job descriptions. We believe in your contribution more than your past experience or formalized education. Self-starters, creatives, and contributors don’t fit in a box. If you have a passion for our region, an interest in marketing, and a can-do attitude, you might be the perfect fit to join our growing team.
The Visual Assets Manager (VAM) is responsible for gathering and managing photos and videos for all 29 of Pikes Peak Region’s Attractions members on a regular rotating schedule. The VAM reports directly to the Executive Director and works closely with the Social Media Strategist, brainstorming and editing video and photos to coincide with PPRAA content calendar.
- Prior photo and video experience, including editing.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and take direction in a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and organize shoots at member attractions.
- General familiarity with the Adobe Suite, particularly Premier and Photoshop.
- Ability to learn other software programs quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to brainstorm and assist with overall marketing strategy as part of the marketing team.
- Reliable transportation.
- General familiarity with various marketing platforms, particularlyYouTube, TikTok and Instagram.
- Ability to follow trends in current media with an eye toward future opportunities.
- Occasional evening and weekend availability.
- Comfortable in front of and behind the camera.
- Ability to participate in member attractions ranging from indoor museums to outdoor thrill rides, white water rafting, biking, horseback riding and more.
- Willingness to capture content outdoors in weather and seasonal changes.
- Schedule shoots at member attractions, coordinating models when applicable.
- Gather content at each shoot both photo and video with attention to horizontal or vertical needs or other shot lists discussed with the team.
- Work collaboratively with the whole team and participate in brainstorming sessions, content discussions, and board meetings.
- Manage and organize media libraries, following naming conventions and file hierarchy for ease of search-ability and usability by all current and future staff.
- Maintain PPRAA’s company brand throughout media offerings with consistent tone, fonts, colors etc.
- Create content appropriate for a number of different platforms, i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, TikTok, etc.
- Track and schedule member-directed shoots, prioritizing based on member agreements and time available.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Previous photo and video experience – samples of work required
- Experience in Adobe Suite
- Commercial drone license or desire to acquire
Salary and Benefits:
- $45,000 – $60,000
- 80 hours paid vacation + 10 federal holidays a year, available after 6 months
- Mileage (set at annual national rate)
- $75 monthly cellphone stipend
- Exclusive access to attractions and opportunities to experience available rides and activities
- Use of company equipment and input toward new equipment acquirements
- Flexible schedule and part-time work-from-home opportunities
Background: Pikes Peak Region Attractions Association (PPRAA) is a privately held, collaborative-marketing trade organization, created by a small group of attraction owners in 1973 to collectively promote the region to leisure travelers. Each member attraction has a seat on the board of directors, currently a total of 29 area attractions. The association is run by an Executive Director who answers to the board and all employees of PPRAA report directly to the Executive Director.
For a complete list of member attractions, see pikes-peak.com/attractions